Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Signs Hunter is rubbing off on me...

Hunter and I were at the computer earlier, and I realized that his insanity may be contagious.

He was clacking his teeth (GSP folks, you know what I mean--that "clack, clack, clack" when they are over stimulated) and I started clacking my teeth right back at him. He was sitting halfway in my lap while I was checking email (yeah, sign #2 right there) and was making his "whiney Hunter" sounds. So I started trying to imitate, and we had a good time for a minute.
So I guess Hunter and I both need to be taken away somewhere that has nice people in white coats :)
Seriously, Hunter is a very affectionate boy once you get past the zany, over-wired, high-drive behaviors. He knows his name, and gets his feelings hurt if he is corrected harshly. He wants to please, but doesn't quite know how sometimes. I took my own GSP and 'houla boys hiking the other Sunday--while we were descending the trail I thought that I should have invited Hunter and maybe left the 'houla at home. Hunter is a good boy but is not, I repeat, not the dog for just anyone. His handsome appearance comes with a contract to exercise his mind and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment