Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Meet Hunter!

Hunter is a super cool young male GSP that finds himself in rescue. He was taken in by some kind folks in central Arkansas who found him as a stray. He lived with them for a few months, but just could not leave the ducks and chickens alone. So here he is in rescue, all ready for a new home. He has awesome working drive--very ball-and-toy-driven. He retrieves to hand and is very birdy. I have not had the opportunity to expose him to live gunfire--I do not know that he has had any formal hunt training, but he definitely has potential. I have not left him outside in the fenced yard while I am gone--I just don't trust that he would stay in at this point. He does not care for being crated--he voices his displeasure quite loudly. He is very sweet, though, and is a "talker" when you are petting him. He was trying to show ownership of me and "protect" me from my old male shep mix, and was quickly corrected by both me and the shep mix. He is good with other dogs but I would not trust him in the same county as a cat. I have not tried him offleash, as I don't really trust his recall at this point. I think Hunter would readily take to agility or frisbee or dock-diving with no trouble. He has an incredible drive that is amazing to watch. The person that adopts Hunter will be very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment